- Admittance to monthly meetings at the New York State Museum. CDMC meetings frequently feature guest speakers with expertise on a wide variety of subjects including geology, minerals and fossils.
- The opportunity to meet with people sharing similar interests.
- Invitations to banquets at local restaurants during the June and December meetings.
- Receive monthly Newsletters – via email or mail.
- Access to our extensive library of books, magazines, video tapes and DVDs.
- Membership in the CDMC and the Eastern Federation of Mineralogical and Lapidary Societies, Inc. The EFMLS membership costs our club $4.95 per member and provides us with insurance coverage necessary for field trips.
- Access to the EFMLS Program Library and Wildacres Workshop.
- Inclusion in club field trips – most of which are to locations that are inaccessible to the public.
- Access to the club’s Herkimer Diamond claim in Fonda, NY.
- Participation in the Annual Gem, Mineral and Fossil Show and Sale at the New York State Museum in Albany each February.
- Participation in providing a scholarship to a Capital District area student pursuing a degree in geology or related field.
Interested in joining the Capital District Mineral Club?
Please take a moment to complete our Membership Form – available by clicking here. Submitted applications must include the appropriate annual dues, as indicated on the form.
Above and beyond the above listed benefits, membership entitles you to:
- CDMC Dues Card
- Eastern Federation Membership Card
- CDMC Safety Manual – for use on field trips
- CDMC Club decal
- *Please note: Banquet meals NOT included in membership fees
Meetings are held in Meeting Room B on the Concourse Level of the:
Attendees must be in the Museum lobby between 7 and 7:15 PM – as the doors will be locked at 7:30 PM. Meetings will start promptly at 7:30 PM.
Free parking is available in the lot behind the Cathedral – east of the museum.
Please visit our calendar page for details and additional information.