What do members receive in exchange for their Capital District Mineral Club dues?
- Admittance to monthly meetings at the New York State Museum. CDMC meetings frequently feature guest speakers with expertise on a wide variety of subjects including geology, minerals and fossils.
- The opportunity to meet with people sharing similar interests.
- Invitations to banquets at local restaurants during the June and December meetings.
- Receive monthly Newsletters – via email or mail.
- Access to our extensive library of books, magazines, videotapes, and DVDs.
- Membership in the CDMC and the Eastern Federation of Mineralogical and Lapidary Societies, Inc. The EFMLS membership costs our club $4.95 per member and provides us with insurance coverage necessary for field trips.
- Access to the EFMLS Program Library and Wildacres Workshop.
- Inclusion in club field trips – most of which are to locations that are inaccessible to the public.
- Access to the club’s Herkimer Diamond claim in Fonda, NY.
- Participation in the Annual Gem, Mineral and Fossil Show and Sale at the New York State Museum in Albany each February.
- Participation in providing a scholarship to a Capital District area student pursuing a degree in geology or a related field.
Above and beyond the above-listed benefits, membership entitles you to:
- CDMC Dues Card
- Eastern Federation Membership Card
- CDMC Safety Manual – for use on field trips
- CDMC Club decal
- *Please note: Banquet meals NOT included in membership fees
CDMC monthly meetings are held on the first Thursday of every month from September through June. Please note, June and December meetings are banquet meetings held at locations chosen by the Banquet Chairman.
Meetings are held in Meeting Room B on the Concourse Level of the:
Attendees must be in the Museum lobby between 7 and 7:15 PM – as the doors will be locked at 7:30 PM. Meetings will start promptly at 7:30 PM.
Free parking is available in the lot behind the Cathedral – east of the museum.
Please visit our calendar page for details and additional information.
The Capital District Mineral Club is associated with the following:
Interested in joining the Capital District Mineral Club?
Click the button below – submitted applications must include the appropriate annual dues, as indicated on the form.